Experienced Diesel Technicians Needed in Edgerton, KS
Enjoy excellent Pay and benefits with this top name carrier.
Our diesel technicians service a modern fleet of equipment, with the chance to work with the latest technology, tools and diagnostics systems. At locations across the nation, we offer entry-level, associate and senior opportunities and career paths for diesel technicians and support personnel.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for performing basic maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt tractors, trailers and other equipment. Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units always meet J.B. Hunt’s specifications.
Diesel Tech Benefits
- $19.50-$37 per hour
- Ask about our sign-on bonus
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after just 30 days
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid-time-off accrual from day one
- 18 years of age
- 1-2 years of experience in semi-tractor/trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A/C Certification
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role. These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations. Employees without their own tools may obtain them through a toolbox purchase program.
Beyond the job benefits already listed above for truck driving jobs, there are several other appealing benefits for truckers living in Edgerton. Kansas plays a vital role in supplying the nation with a variety of products, including necessities. The state has terminals for over a DOZEN of the nation’s largest carriers! Quite simply, Kansas is just about as central to the lower 48 as any other state, and this location means trucking is alive and well. In terms of exports, nearly 20% of products trucked out of state are aviation-related (planes, engines, parts, etc.) But agriculture play a huge role in the Kansas economy and is an industry offering many lucrative truck driver jobs in Edgerton.